Latest Trial Court News
Trial begins in jail death
The trial of former detention officer Paul O. Smalls, 44, began this week in federal court in Las Cruces before US District Judge Robert Brack and is expected to wrap up after the holiday weekend. Co-defendants Glynn Dell Cook, 35,
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:26A
Woman pleads guilty to role in fatal 2010 hit-and-run
LAS CRUCES - One of the three Las Cruces women who allegedly fled the scene of a fatal hit-and-run last year has pleaded guilty a few weeks before the case was to go to trial. Jasmine Nicole Manasco, 22,
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:26A
Rob suspect nabbed
Vargas said Jocson was arrested by virtue of warrant of arrest for robbery issued by Judge George Patriarca, Branch 46 of Regional Trial Court, Bacolod City, with P100,000.00 bail recommended for his temporary liberty. He said the suspect is presently
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:25A
Shock over Pakistanis long jailed in India
India's Supreme Court has denounced the detention without trial of more than 250 Pakistanis who illegally crossed the border, including four prisoners who have spent more than 40 years in jail. One of the judges described the discovery by freedom of
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:21A
Priest to be tried on child-sex charges
After a two-day preliminary inquiry, a Roman Catholic priest from the US who spent six years working in Sooke and Saanich in British Columbia has been committed to stand trial on four charges involving sexual offences against children.
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:21A
Judge: Smoking ban suit should go to trial
A lawsuit aimed at overturning Delaware County's enhanced smoking ban should proceed to trial, a Delaware County judge ruled on Friday. Delaware Circuit Court 1 Judge Marianne Vorhees on Friday denied a motion filed by attorneys for the county
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:19A
Abortion ground for divorce, rules HC
The Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court has ruled that a wife not informing about the factum of abortion undergone by her to her husband and in-law amounted to act of cruelty. Dismissing an appeal filed against an order of a trial court granting a
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:17A
2G: setback for CBI as Reliance official retracts statement
Beside Subramaniam, the special CBI court trying the case had summoned Reliance ADAG president AN Sethuraman and Etisalat DB Telecom's chief regulatory officer VK Budhiraja as the first three witnesses.
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:15A
Ochi cop to answer murder charge January
The case involving the policeman charged with murder following the video-recorded shooting of an Ocho Rios man has been set for mention on January 20 next year in the Home Circuit Court. A trial date could not be set yesterday because the file was not
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:08A
Accused rapist gunned down in Manila
Enriquez had gone to Manila from Quezon province following the provisional dismissal two months ago of a rape case filed against him in the Lucena City Regional Trial Court's Branch 54. Police Officer 1 Richie Caligagan of the Manila Police District
Updated: 11/12/2011 03:08A